Holiday Gîte in Cévennes National Park
Are you looking for a wildlife holiday in the South of France or would you like to explore the best of hiking and outdoor sports in the Cévennes?
Contact us: +33 (0)466833820 / email@example.com
In addition to enjoying the unspoiled wildlife in the Cévennes, you can visit, in just over an hour:
- The Camargue to the South, famous for white horses, black bulls, pink flamingoes and other birdlife.
- The Gorges of the Tarn and Jonte rivers to the North where you will find rare plants, insects and birds, including 4 species of vultures.
- The Grandes Causses (limestone plateaux above the Cévennes) which is one of the best sites to see orchids in France in May, June and July.
- The Garrigue, between the Cévennes and the Mediterranean, with an astounding array of flowers in the Spring and many reptiles in the summer.
The gîte is ideally situated for hiking the Cévennes. Other activities to make your holiday memorable:
- River bathing
- Bungee jumping
- Tree-top adventure
- Via ferrata
- Foraging for edible plants
- Wine tasting
An ideal holiday rental for two.
Swimming at the Rocher des Fées at Saint André de Valborgne
The gîte-apartment was renovated in 2016 and is furnished with a mixture of antique and modern furniture, providing everything you need for your stay including free Wi-Fi internet and Satellite TV (English, French and other languages on Astra).
Feel free to wander around our 50 acres of land with woods, meadows, streams and waterfalls or the national forest, next to the property.
Dip your feet in our stream on hot summer days
Being just a short walk away from some impressive hiking routes, we provide hiking maps and brochures, binoculars, baskets and several reference books to identify flora and fauna. We also have a selection of brochures for you to decide what to do and where to go.
You may have travelled far without the opportunity to buy food for your evening meal and of course you are on holiday! We provide you with a welcome hamper so you can enjoy a simple evening meal with wine and breakfast the following morning, without having to visit the shops.
Your bed will be made ready for you with 100% cotton bedding. Towels are also provided.
Languages spoken: English, French.
Visit Facebook for news and photos Gîte du Rouquet on Facebook
Or visit our Google Profile Gîte du Rouquet on Google+
A propos and sorry …
- Smoking is not permitted in the building
- Our friends the dogs are not accepted (we have cats).
- The gîte is not suitable for children as there are many waterfalls and terraces on the land which are dangerous for small people.