Holiday Gîte in Cévennes National Park
Are you looking for a wildlife holiday in the South of France or would you like to explore the best of hiking and outdoor sports in the Cévennes?
In addition to the unspoiled wildlife in the Cévennes, in just over an hour by car you can get to:
- The Camargue to the South, famous for white horses, black bulls, pink flamingoes and other birdlife.
- The Gorges of the Tarn and Jonte rivers to the North have some rare species of plants, insects and birds including 4 species of vultures.
- The Grandes Causses (limestone plateaux above the Cévennes) is one of the best sites to see orchids in France in May, June and July.
- The Garrigue, between the Cévennes and the Mediterranean, presents an astounding array of flowers in the Spring and interesting reptiles in the summer.
There is a wealth of sites and vineyards to visit and numerous outdoor activities to make your holiday memorable:
- River bathing
- Bungee jumping
- Tree-top adventure
- Via ferrata
- Foraging for edible plants.
An ideal holiday rental for two but can accommodate up to four adults.
The gîte-apartment was renovated in 2016 and is furnished with a mixture of stylish antique and modern furniture and fittings and provides everything you might need for your stay including wi-fi internet and Satellite TV (English and French).
There is access to our 20 hectares of land with woods, meadows, streams and waterfalls. You are just a short walk away from some impressive hiking routes.
We provide hiking maps and brochures, binoculars, baskets and several reference books to identify flora and fauna. We also have a selection of brochures for you to decide what to do and where to go.
You may have travelled far without the opportunity to buy food for your evening meal and of course you are on holiday! We provide you with a welcome hamper so you can enjoy a simple evening meal with wine and breakfast the following morning, without having to visit the shops.
Your bed will be made ready for you with high quality 100% cotton bedding. Towels are also provided.
Languages spoken: English, French.
Visit Facebook for news and photos Gîte du Rouquet on Facebook
Or visit our Google Profile Gîte du Rouquet on Google+
A propos and sorry …
- Smoking is not permitted in the building
- Our friends the dogs are not accepted (we have cats).
- The gîte is not suitable for children as there are many waterfalls and terraces on the land which are dangerous for small people.