Holiday Gîte in Cévennes National Park
Are you looking for a wildlife holiday in the South of France or would you like to explore the best of hiking and outdoor sports in the Cévennes?
In addition to the unspoiled wildlife in the Cévennes, in just over an hour by car you can get to:
- The Camargue to the South, famous for white horses, black bulls, pink flamingoes and other birdlife.
- The Gorges of the Tarn and Jonte rivers to the North have some rare species of plants, insects and birds including 4 species of vultures.
- The Grandes Causses (limestone plateaux above the Cévennes) is one of the best sites to see orchids in France in May, June and July.
- The Garrigue, between the Cévennes and the Mediterranean, presents an astounding array of flowers in the Spring and interesting reptiles in the summer.
There is a wealth of sites and vineyards to visit and numerous outdoor activities to make your holiday memorable:
- River bathing
- Bungee jumping
- Tree-top adventure
- Via ferrata
- Foraging for edible plants.
An ideal holiday rental for 2 - either a couple sharing the double bed or two friends using the bed and sofa-bed in the living room.
The gîte-apartment is newly renovated and furnished with a mixture of stylish antique and modern furniture and fittings and provides everything you might need for your stay including wi-fi internet and Satellite TV (English and French).
There is access to our 20 hectares of land with woods, meadows, streams and waterfalls. You are just a short walk away from some impressive hiking routes.
We provide hiking maps and brochures, binoculars, baskets and several reference books to identify flora and fauna. We also have a selection of brochures for you to decide what to do and where to go.
We provide you with a welcome hamper so you can enjoy snacks with a glass of local organic wine or juice on the patio as soon as you arrive. We also offer you home made candles, jam and a selection of dry goods to get you started with your catering.
Your bed will be made ready for you with high quality 100% cotton bedding. Towels are also provided.
Languages spoken: English, French.
A propos and sorry …
- Smoking is not permitted in the building
- Our friends the dogs are not accepted (we have cats).
- The gîte is not suitable for children or the physically handicapped as there are steps, waterfalls and terraces on the property.