Gîte du Rouquet
The gîte du Rouquet is in the Cévennes National Park – which is a World Heritage Site: Cévennes National Park
Ideally suited to a couple or two friends but can accommodate up to 3 adults.
The gîte apartment is situated on the lower level of our ancient “Mas” (farmhouse) which is built on the side of a hill. We (my husband and I) live in the house all year round, so are available if you need anything, including advice on the local area and things to do.
Newly renovated and furnished to a high standard with a mixture of stylish antique and modern furniture. Comprising:
- A bedroom with double bed (140 cms wide), bedside tables and lamps, wardrobe and an en-suite shower room with integral WC.
- An open plan living room/kitchen with double sofa bed, coffee table, TV (French and English channels), BluRay player, sound system, table and chairs and free unlimited WiFi access.
- Corner kitchen with induction hob, combination oven/microwave/grill, dishwasher, fridge/freezer, sink, cupboards, food processor, pans, kettle, cutlery, glasses and crockery (6 sets).
- A south facing patio, which is private and furnished with sunloungers, a table and chairs, a barbecue and a parasol.
Guests have access to our utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, ironing board and iron if needed.
There is also free access to 50 acres of land with green oak, pine and chestnut forest (hills), meadows, streams and waterfalls. You are just a short walk from some lovely hiking routes and right next door to a national forest.
There is a bookcase with brochures of ideas of things to do and places to go as well as walking maps, walking guides, binoculars, baskets and several reference books of the local flora and fauna.
We want to make you feel welcome in your holiday home! So your bed will be made ready for you with quality 100% cotton bedding. Towels and facecloths are also provided. You may have travelled far without the opportunity to shop, so we provide you with a welcome hamper to enable you to enjoy an evening meal and breakfast, comprising:
- Locally produced organic wine
- Home made jam
- Pasta sauce
- Local goats cheese (“pelardon”)
- A baguette on arrival
- Various home produce when in season
We also believe it helps to have free access to all those little essentials when staying in a gîte, so we supply:
- Washing up liquid
- Tea towels
- Cleaning materials
- Bin bags
- Toilet rolls
- Kitchen rolls
- Home made soaps
- Home made candle perfumed with essential oils
Please note that mobile phones rarely work here as the gîte is not within line of sight of any telephone transmitters. Consequently the views are completely unspoilt and no other properties can be seen from the building. If you need to make phone calls you are welcome to use our phone in the main house free of charge to all landlines in UK, Europe and the USA.